Saturday, April 21, 2012

My Semester


Now that I am 20 years old I clearly have so much to tell the world. Yes, I did wear a blazer, v-neck sweater, and blouse combo the day after I turned 20. The world of the twenties welcomed me in style. The last birthday I had was when I was 16. Wow! When I think about being 16, it seems so far away. And I never ever could have possibly imagined ending up here. If asked at age 16, this would have been the four year plan: music degree, stay in Alberta, marry the boy I thought I loved at the time, except not actually because I hated the idea of being married, etc. Now I am on the brink of being halfway to being a chemical engineer and days away from a summer in Jerusalem. Wowza! I am so happy with where I’ve ended up. And along with looking back, I must also look forward. Where will I be when I’m 24? Who even knows! I’ve learned that planning is useless. But I’m so excited to see what the next four years hold. And if they are anywhere near as good as the last four, we’re in business.


I have had a most wonderful semester. I have so many things to be grateful for. While my favourite pastime would have to be STUDYING, my friends and family made it completely bearable. I have made some fantastic friends and had the pleasure of maintaining a relationship with many of my freshman friends. Now my friends are super special to me but I must say the highlight of this semester was going HOME! Yes, I just left Provo for a few days to visit my family and meet my brand new niece Reese who is the most beautiful baby I could possibly imagine.

So I've tried to overcome this bad habit after my sister pointed it out to me but I love the phrase "it changed my life". Just the right amount of drama in my opinion. But perhaps I use it somewhat too liberally. Some things that have recently "changed my life":
-putting avocados on sandwiches
-when my brother-in-law showed me a new way to floss around my retainer
-my cheese slicer (so great)
-my new leisure suit
And last but not least, my acceptance to BYU Jerusalem! Leaving in ONLY THREE MORE SLEEPS!
(I am aware these photos are SUPER random)

My two favourite girls from freshman year.

Just hiking in the clouds and doing yoga. Yeah I do stuff like that now.

Kait and I are essentially the same person. We are considering starting a cousin concert tour, that's how cool we are. Be jealous.

This coat was my mom's when she was my age!

In my apartment.

Chillin' with my number one boy.

I LOVE THESE GIRLS


1 comment:

  1. Whitney, I fully endorse the cousin concert tour. And I really love your Mom's coat! So cute!

    ReplyDelete