Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pictures!

The original steps to Herod's temple. Jesus and His disciples walked here! Being in this area was one of my favourite experiences here. I felt the Spirit strongly as we talked about temples and their importance both to Christ and to us today. We were able to sing "I Love to See the Temple" and I can't wait to go there someday!

Taken from Bethlehem, these hills are similar to where the shepherds would have been when they were visited by an angel and alerted to Christ's birth. Bethlehem was a moving experience. I was so happy to celebrate Christ's birth and can't wait for Christmas to come. I loved Christmas in July!


I love to watch the sunset from the Jerusalem centre. Yes, I actually took this photo! I adore the architecture of our centre, I really do believe it is one of the most beautiful buildings in Jerusalem.

My wonderful friend Jay and I cruising down the Bosphorus in Turkey.

My fabulous new friend Rachel! This is us with all our tasty pastries. We ate a lot of these...

We have seen an unbelievable amount of caves, tunnels, and cisterns this trip but I am not complaining! I love them all because it's fun to be underground, they are great to sing in, they are great to explore in, and, most important of all, they are COOL (temperature wise).

Monastery at Petra. This site is quite honestly one of the most impressive things I've ever seen.

My wonderful friend and roommate Rachel and I in the Orson Hyde Garden on our way to the Garden of Gethsemane one Sabbath. Beautiful city of Jerusalem in the background!

The library at Ephesus in Turkey. One of my favourite sites!

3 comments:

  1. WOWIE! I love reading your blog posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHIT! These pictures make me happy. I too have found many a tasty pastry in my travels. I am so glad you get to go to all these cool places and see all these things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh... you gonna update your blog anytime soon? Yeah, I agree, you should probably set your sites on a cooking blog. That would be fun!

    ReplyDelete